Sunday, June 5, 2011

Solar Highways!

This was sent to me this morning by my sister and bro-in-law. It is absolutely amazing!!! If you don't do anything else today, PLEASE WATCH THIS!

http://www.wimp.com/solarhighways/

I have to believe that the same ingenuity that took us to the moon, invented computers, the internet, Facebook, etc. etc., must have the ability to focus on urgent environmental issues and creatively, ingeniously, solve problems. The implementation of solar highways is a brilliant idea. My brain doesn't work like that! I am in awe of engineers, and chemists, and physicists whose minds can imagine such things...to wake up in the morning with the plan for a solar highway blossoming in my head would be inconceivable. Take this morning, for instance...I woke up knowing that I could roll up old bath towels and make a perfect yoga bolster pillow! That's my mind in a nutshell!

I'm grateful for this video. After immersing myself for weeks in literature that spells out very clearly how we have traumatized and compromised our beautiful planet, this offers a glimmer of hope. It brings a moderate balance to the scales that were tipping dangerously toward the doom and despair side of things. We are what we eat, read, think, and I'm ready to expand my diet to include hope. It makes a healthy dessert.

2 comments:

  1. WOAH!!! i had no idea this could be a possibility! AMAZING! and so exciting! i'm forwarding this link on. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great nutshell! and hope is always good ... thanks sherry :)

    ReplyDelete